Student Writing #3- 1st Quarter- Brianna-Draft

To the Land of Green
It is a family trip to Iowa! We have been driving since four o’clock in the morning. We are getting close cause you can smell the cows and hear them mooing in the distance. All you see is the green of soybean fields and cornfield in every direction. The blue of the sky is bluer than blue with a few white cotton ball clouds here and there.  There are windmills everywhere also. They are a huge white mass and are turning somehow. You would think the quite country would now be filled with noise, but no it’s not. We are on the Iowa and Minnesota border as we near my aunt’s house. The roads turn to dirt as we get closer and closer. After a drive down the dirt road you can see the house. It looks so different, with a new addition. As we drive up to the house there are kittens everywhere along with Fritz the oldest farm cat ever known, he is like 16. He is really creepy looking now; with one eye fogged over and fur all matted and with part of an ear he is cute on his own level. I am the first out of the car and rush towards the cats and say hi, for as soon as my dog, Riley is out of the car, it is bye kitties for the rest of the week. As we walk into the house, I think to my self what a wonderful trip this will be.