reading letter5- Nikki Keeter

Story of a girl

Sara Zarr

224/224

Last week I read the book, Story of a girl. It is about the main character, Deanna. When she was 13, her dad found her having sex with her brothers so called best friend. He was a junior when this happened and having lived in a small town, everyone found out and it was the story of the year. People knew her as the slut of the town even when she is in her sophmore year. Her dad never looked at her the same way, her brother lived in her basement with his girlfriend and new baby, and she has 2 best friends, Lee and Jason. She decides to get a job where she ran into the boy that gave her her reputation, Tommy. She worked with him and ended up driving to a hill and started to have sex again when she cried and told him what she really felt when she was 13. That he should’ve waited and should’ve known better. She also kissed her best friend, Jason who is dating Lee and Lee did not get mad at her. Her life started to get better as she realized things she really needed to before and actually spoke up for herself.

I really enjoyed this book, I barely wanted to put it down. It kept me thinking and it was very realistic which I liked. It gave you an idea of how she felt about the sitation and needed to speak up. I wonder if the author wrote teh story relating to a situation that she may of had when she was younger. I reccomend this book to any MATURE girl that likes to read. thanks. —please comment.