2nd Quarter Reading Letter 1- Seth

Anabolic Steroids

By: ESPN

Pages: Internet Article

Summary:

Here is a quick overview of steroids.  Anabolic steroids are becoming more and more common in strength training over the last several years.  The issue is just now becoming apparent to us because of how serious it has gotten.  Even though people know about the dangers of anabolic steroids they still choose to use them.    Most people use steroids as an quicker, more efficient alternate to build muscle mass.  Although steroids are very tempting to use, they are very harmful to your body if not prescribed correctly.  When steroids are prescribed correctly to people they can be very helpful and help you rehabilitate faster.  When steroids aren’t prescibed correctly they can be very harmful to your body, even fatal sometimes. 

My Opinion:

Steroids are a very serious issue.  They are considered cheating by many people i sports.  Athletes are fined thousands of dollars and suspended from their sport for a period of time or depending on the situation there could possibly be a lifetime ban someday.  If somebody I knew took steroids to improve their playing abilities in any sport, no matter who they are, I would immidiately think poorly of them.  Many people look up to profesional athletes, including myself.  If my idol were to be caught using steroids I would be angry and I would never think the same of that person ever again.  Steroids don’t just change your ability to perform, they can change your life too.  In my opinion, I would rather see somebody gamble on their team than to use steroids, because in my personal opinion steroids is even worse than cheating.  It gives you a distinct advantage over your opponent and it just isn’t right.

One thought on “2nd Quarter Reading Letter 1- Seth

1. Seth,
    Great Essay. You gave me the idea to report on my next reading letter with this same topic as well. The only are of improvement that I see, is trying not to continue going on and on in detail and simplify each sentence. Otherwise, the letter was great and very informative.
    Thanx,
    Riley