student writing #1- quarter 2- anna t

Best Friends

Caroline came home today from school depressed. The girls at school had been awful to her today. Her best friend, Anabelle ditched her for the more popular group. “Mom, I just don’t know what to do. None of the girls like me.” Caroline told her mom, kind of complaining about her situation. “Caroline, honey, all the girls are caught up in being ‘popular’ when in reality they aren’t.” Her mom replied. Ugh, she just doesn’t understand. Caroline had to think of a plan to make herself fit in with all the other girls. The next day, Caroline went to school with 10 pounds of make-up on. She had short shorts, with her hair perfectly straight. When she walked into the school, guys could not keep their eyes off of her. She was loving the attention. One thing she did not expect was to get a call to the principal’s office about her inappropriate outfit choice. Plus, all the girls were not too happy the guys were giving Caroline and not her.

To be continued…

One thought on “student writing #1- quarter 2- anna t

1. Anna,
    I like how you put quotes in your short story. Next time make it a little longer with a little more detail.
    Anna M.