Kodi Jones reading letter #5

Title: The Savage

Author: David Almond

pg 1-80 of 80

The Savage is a book about a 7-year-old kid, named Blue who has just lost his father and he transforms his hate and pain into his own little kid’s book which he calls The Savage. In Blue’s mind the Savage is a wild and powerful human that lives in a deep dark cave and cannot talk. Everything that Blue writes actually happens in real life. The Savage meets all of thes strange people starting with Hopper, the neighborhood bully. He is very aggressive when he sees Hopper. For example, Blue wrote that the Savage snuck into Hopper’s house and made the Savage try to kill him. But instead, he made him punch Hopper. The next day, it came true. He saw Hopper with a bloody note and black eye. Weird.

I wonder if the author related to this story. This book was OK but was a little confusing in the end. Other than that, the story was good. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes action-packed books with blood and gore. I would give it 2.5 stars out of 5.

2 thoughts on “Kodi Jones reading letter #5

1. Kodi,
    This was a good reading letter. Pretty basic, however to change that I would expand on your story, and make your letter/reflection longer. Just work on it.
    From,
    Riley

2. Good job kodi. You made it sound very interesting and like it would be a fun read. Maybe next time you should tell more about what you thought about the book. Overall good job.
    Raphael