Reading Letter 2 of 3Q- Kelley

Book: A National Geographic Magazine

Pages:137

Author: Multiple Authors
I read this National Geographic Magazine and found some really interesting articles. There were stories about Patagonia, Nomads, the Hubble Telescope, terra-forming Mars, and chimpanzees of the Congo. The article I found most interesting was the article about terra-forming Mars. This story says that in about 1000 years, Mars could be transformed into a habitable planet. The article says that first, because Mars is so cold, that it would need a lot of global warming. Once it had been warmed up, all the ice would thaw and weather would form. After 600 years of the project, seeds and soil could be put on Mars to make it green. At this point, entire cities could be built. Their energy could come from nuclear power plants and wind turbines. And finally, at 1,000 years, people could go out on Mars.
I think this article is interesting, but far-fetched. If it took 1,000 years to make Mars inhabitable, I don’t thing we have the patience, as a species, to do it. I think it would be really cool if it did happen, though. This article also made me realize that if we did make Mars inhabitable, I would never know it. I thought this was an interesting article and would recommend the National Geographic Magazine to anybody.