3rd Quarter Student Writing #3- Sean

Hello my name is Sean. I have two brothers Luke and Seth who is my twin. I have a mom and a dad named Rex and Jan. They are very loving and caring people, but they get mad at me sometimes for fighting with my brothers or being on bad behavior. Anyway we used to live outside of Dallas, Texas in a town called Plano which is about the same size or maybe a little bit bigger than Springfield. I hadn’t been there in almost 7 years until Seth, my mom and I went down there one long weekend to visit some of our old friends. When we were down there we decided to go to a Texas Longhorns basketball game.

When we arrived at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, where they were holding the game, we were astounded at how large the building was. It towered more than 10 stories tall and was at least 800 ft long or more. Once inside it seemed even bigger. We were walking around the top of the stadium looking for the tunnel to our seats. We found a t shirt stand on the way and bought t shirts for ouselves and my little brother who stayed home with my father, because he had school and could not go. When we finally sat down after the tiring walk we were hungry, so my brother and I searched for a snack stand. All of them had lines, because so many people came to watch the game. When we finally got up there we spent almost $20 on two nachos and two Dr. Pepper’s. Everything was so expensive, Seth bought a cheeseburger at halftime that cost $12. It was outrageous.

Once the game finally started we weren’t watching the court as much as we were watching the gigantic jumbo-tron that was hanging from above. It was like turning a 10 story building sideways and then raising it up into the air. Texas was playing the University of North Carolina who was doing very well at the time. Texas had just made the top 5 in the nation with North Carolina not far behind them. This was a very important game to win for either team. Texas’ star player Damien James had a monster game easily getting a double-double and scoring over 20 points. The 6’10, 290 lbs Dexter Pittman also played a huge part for the Longhorns offensively. He scored 20 as well and got well ove 10 rebounds. Texas ended up winning the game by about 10 when they pulleed away late in the second half.

Both Texas and North Carolina had mediocre seasons from then on both becoming unranked. Texas barely made the tournament while North Carolina the defending champions missed the cut. Texas was knocked out in the 1st round while North Carolina has made it pretty far in the National Invitational Tournament or NIT for short. Overall it was a fun experience and a good game though.

THE END

One thought on “3rd Quarter Student Writing #3- Sean