Reading Letter #2- 4th Quarter- Brianna

Cat O’Nine Tails

By Julia Golding

Page 1- the end (page 373)

This book is about a girl named Catherine Royal, her friends call her Cat. She has spent her whole life at the theatre, Drury Lane, but then the theatre closed and Cat was pushed into the streets. After many adventures she lands at the home of the Duke of Avon, where her friend Frank lives. When Cat and her friends, Frank and Pedro, are out searching fro Syd, they get caught and forced to work on the Courageous, which is a British Navy ship. To briefly explain the rest of the book would take forever, so let’s just say Cat will end up in some strange places. The West Indies, Indian Territory, and Philadelphia are just a few.

I really enjoyed this book. It is the fourth book in the Cat Royal series. It was a great mystery. I have some questions about what I read and what might happen. Why did they end up on the Courageous? Will Cat ever end up on it again? Will there be another book? Will Cat ever visit her Indian friends again? Will Cat ever run into Billy Shepherd (her enemy) again? I hope my questions are answered in the next book (if there is one). I like the format of the book. It is set up like a play, with acts and scenes. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. I really hope there is a fifth book in this series.