Riley- Reading Letter #2- 4th Quarter

Into The Mist

Patrick Carmen

Pages 1-20 read

I’ve just started this excellent book. So far it is a continuum of the Land of Elyon book series and the chapters are divided into each perspective of Alexa Daily and Roland Warvold. Right now Alexa, Roland, and Yipes are on the Warwick Beacon heading toward a place that Alexa and Yipes are unaware of. The first chapter from Alexa’s perspective was when Alexa was looking back at her previous adventures and the are trying to find Thomas Warvold and defeat Victor Grindall. They go by a house on the hill in which Yipes calls it, and this is when Roland’ chapter starts he has a flashback because when he and his brother Thomas were children they were captured by Finch and Madame Vickers, servants to Grindall. He remembers Thomas always playing pranks and one time he actually escaped but Finch sicked his dogs on him. They were captured with several other children. He also remembers how frightening Madame Vickers looked. They lived in the house upon the hill. That’s as far as I’ve gotten in the story so far, but right now I don’t really like it.

I wonder why the author would choose to start the book this way? I want to remember how Alexa and Warvld get along because i’m sure it’s a very important moral to anyone who reads this book. I also want to remember the part where Warvold mentioned the house on the hill. I’m sure this is an important part in the book yet to come, because they are searhing for Thomas, and my opinion is that the author is trying to focus on the Warvold brothers past so that they can wrap the series up in the next book to come. My favorite character is Yipes so far because of his comedy. This part that I’ve read relates to my life because I love the way that Alexa cooperates and copes with her friends and I like that she is friendly to everyone she meets. I think that Finch and Madame Vickers are going to play a big impact in the book later on though. I also thin there will be a big secret revealed between Roland, Thomas, and Alexa. Hopefully this reflection has encouraged other students to think harder about what you’re reading in a book, and I hope you enjoyed reading!