4th quarter reading letter 3- seth

The Last Holiday Concert
By: Andrew Clement

pages: all

The Last Holiday Concert is about a popular kid who digs himself into a huge hole.  Hart Evans is the coolest kid in school and choir is the most boring class.  What will happen when these two collide.  Well, I’m about to tell you.  Hart isn’t exactly the most focused pupil in the class and Mr. Meinert (the choir teacher) is pretty grumpy and uptight.  These two don’t mix well at all.  Hart gets in trouble day after day, but one day he really does himself in.  He thought it would be funny if he took a rubber band and shot it at him.  Bad idea, Mr. Meinert blew up and immediately marched hart to the principal.  Hart gets in trouble and goes to detention.
A week or so goes by and not much happens except the students are making Mr. Meinert madder than ever.  Then one day it happens.  Mr. Meinert finally snapped.  He just shouted at everyone “That’s it, I’m through.  You kids are on your own now!”  Everyone was shocked.  Nobody knew what to do.  So everyone started to goof off and talk and Mr. Meinert didn’t even flinch.  Next week a girl from Hart’s class goes up to the front of the room, quiet’s everyone down and pretty much tells them that if they don’t straighten out their act.  They’ll look like fools up on stage.  Everyone decides to cooperate.  The class decides to have a vote on who should be the director.  Hart was elected!  Hart was speechless.
After a couple of days Hart is sitting at the front of the room and he doesn’t know what to do.  So Mr. Meinert decides to help him.  The concert ends up being a huge success.  Everybody loved it.  I really liked this book and I suggest it to anyone who wants to read a book and doesn’t know what to read.

I read this book because I just saw it on my bookshelf the other day and I decided to sit down and read it.  The book is pretty good at the beginning, but I think it is the best in the middle.  I also like the ending of the book because everything goes well.  I wonder what would happen if the concert went wrong.  I wonder if the school would see Mr. Meinert’s side or just blame him and fire him.  I don’t know.  I kind of want to read more Andrew Clement books now because I like the way he writes.  He keeps it simple and I like that.  I recommend this book to anybody.