4th quarter reading letter 5- Seth

Year in Sports 2007

Written By: Sports Illustrated for Kids

Pages: 550/550

This book tells about everything you need to know in sports in the year 2007. Here is an interesting fact that I bet you don’t know; Steffi Graf was ranked no. 1 for the longest time period, male or female, 377 weeks (2,639 days!). This book also has diagrams of the 2006 NCAA Men’s and Women’s basketball tournament. It tells the stats of each and every NBA and WNBA player such as Dwyane Wade or Tamika Catchings. It tells the stats of Pro and College Football, Pro Baseball, Men’s and Women’s Tennis, Pro Hockey, Pro Soccer, Action Sports, Swimming, Men’s and Women’s Pro Basketball and Men’s and Women’s College Basketball.

I liked this book because I’m a big sports fan.  I thought that this book was really informational.  My favorite fact was that Steffi Graff, a legendary tennis player, was ranked no. 1for 377 weeks!!!  That’s 2,639 days!!  That’s a lot!  This was one of my favorite books that i have read because, like I said, it has everything a sports fan wants to ever know!

I read this book because my little brother picked it up one day in my room and asked me what it was about so I told him and that was enough to get me interested in the book.  Although the book is long, it’s a book full of knowledge I want to gain.  Anything abouth sports I could read forever.  That’s why I liked this book so much.  I would recommend this book to anybody who considers themselves a sports fan.  You’ll learn things in this book you never thought were possible.

2 thoughts on “4th quarter reading letter 5- Seth

1. I liked that you gave examples of things in the book and explained what made you want to read it and what you liked about it