Reading Letter 1 Qrtr 2- Christian

Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins
Pgs 116-144
In this part of the book while Katniss and Peeta are walking down to the square they find Peacekeepers, armed with guns, on the rooftops of almost all the buildings. Katniss then realizes how bad whats she had done was. Because of this, for two weeks the mines are shut down and people aren’t getting food so many are becoming sick. One morning Katniss decides to go hunting in the woods and randomly fills her game bag with food, for a good reason. While she is walking, she is confronted by two women who at first appear as Peacekeepers but then are harmless people. Katniss and the two women go into their little house and she gives them some of her food. The two women then tell Katniss their story.
This book is still a little confusing but is getting better. It almost jumps from part to part bringing up a whole new story. I still wonder what will happen to Katniss and Peeta and what will happen to Gale. I don’t know if Katniss and Peeta are going to get married but the book says they will. But Katniss loves Gale and wants to be with him. In the book it said The Quarter Quell. I wonder if they are going to have the Quarter Quell and if Katniss or sombody she loves is going to be in it. I hope this happens because that would make the book a lot more interesting. I don’t know what to think about the two new women, Bonnie and Twill. It they are kind of random characters that just came out of the dust. Hopefully something important will happen with them to make the book better. The scene of with the Peacekeepers all around the town square is cool. I think that a uprising is going to happen but I’m not sure.

2 thoughts on “Reading Letter 1 Qrtr 2- Christian

1. Christian,
    Bonnie and Twill are minor characters. They help move the story along, especially later on. I so hate how Katniss and Peeta are forced back into the games. It seems so unfair to have done what they did to survive and then turn around and make them do it again. BUT the whole series is really about them challenging the system and forcing change.
    MsG