Catching Fire-RL 6-Q2-Nikki

Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins
Page 1 – page end= 391 pages
After winning the Hunger Games, with fellow District 12 tribute, Peeta, Katniss is in more trouble than ever. Katniss finds that she started a revolution and the Capitol hates her. While on her victory tour, Katniss gets a glimpse at what the Capitol is doing to the rebels. A new, terrible twist approaches Katniss, and she finds that she will probably not be able to live.
Katniss was trying to enjoy her life as a victor when new information hit her. She will once again be entered into the Hunger Games. I was so sad when I found out that Katniss was probably going to die. During this Hunger Games, all the previous victors will be entered into the games. Since Katniss was the only girl victor from District 12, she automatically is forced to be a tribute. I wish there would have been another girl tribute so that Katniss might not have had to compete again. During the reaping, Haymitch is chosen, but Peeta takes his place. After meeting all the other victor/tributes, Katniss wonders if she will be able to keep Peeta alive. I would be terrified that I was going up against the best of the best. Katniss is shocked when she enters the arena. Unlike before, she creates alliances and it surprised when other tributes, even the ones not in her alliance, would sacrifice themselves to save her and Peeta. I thought that they were helping him so that Katniss would stay alive. I really enjoyed this book and was happy when they were rescued. I recommend the Hunger Games series to everyone who likes adventure and suspense.