The Park. Part 1-FINAL-Nikki-Q2-Write 1

I could smell the cold October air nipping at my nose as we rode down the deserted road. Mom had been acting pretty weird since the disaster with Dad, but this was down right strange. Shivering, I rolled up the window of the rusty car door.

“Jessica,” she said, calling me by my full name, “roll that window down, now!! I’m not going to have the car smell like smoke.” My mom said inhaling another breath of her cigarette.

“Fine.” I said, rolling the window down.

We drove in silence for the next 30 minutes. I kept wondering where my mom was taking us. Bay, my younger sister, was texting away to her friends who were still back in New York. Mom had taken my phone away because according to her I text too much and “don’t have time for anything else.” The trill of her punching each letter almost drove me insane.

The clicking stopped, “Hey, Jay Jay?” Bay whispered.

“What?” I answered, annoyed.

“Do you know where we’re going?” she asked, her voice unsure.

“Not at all.” I said, loud enough for my mom to hear. She shifted into a tensed position. It had been almost an hour since we left and I was getting a little worried. It was almost dark and as we passed a deserted cornfield. I smelled candy and popcorn. Weird, I thought, why would it smell like candy? I could hear the faint cheers and screams of happy children and wondered what was going on.

As I drifting away into my dreams, the car lurched to a stop. All I saw was rusty, old Farris Wheels and roller coasters that seemed as if they could collapse at any minute.

“We’re here.” My mom said in a flat voice.

“Where is here?” Bay asked.

“Mr. Z’s Amusement Park. Look here comes somebody now.” She responded.

I then saw the tall woman, whose face was whiter than the first winter snow, approach my side of the car with a frown on her face.

“Welcome.” she said, her gold eyes sparkling in the moonlight. She seemed unhappy to see us. Her shiny, black hair was perfectly draped over her broad shoulders.

“Hi…” I said, starring at her. She wore an all black, leather jacket with gold zippers that matched her unrealistic eyes. Her dull blue mini skirt was the same color as one of the rusty rollercoaster and her black leggings drew my eyes to her boots. They were high-heels with sharp, gold spikes that she probably took off of her guard dog’s collar.

“This is Mr. Z’s Amusement Park. We have remodeled it to create Mrs. M’s Camp. I hope you enjoy your stay. I may or may not be seeing you again, Mrs. Basley, so, farewell.” She said, sticking her head in the car. I opened the car door, pushing her away.

“Hmm.” She said looking at me, disgusted.

“And who are you, exactly?” I said, getting out of the car. She was only a few inches taller than me, probably because of her outrageous heels.

“Well, Jessica, how about you can call me, Miss Victoria or Miss V.” She said, smiling.

“It’s Jay Jay. Not Jessica.” I replied, smirking, “if you were wondering.”

Bay got out of the car and stood next to me, arms folded Miss V.

“Why are we here?” Bay asked.

“You’ll find out.” She replied, grinning evilly.

“Mom, what are we doing here?” I asked her, turning towards the car.

“It will be…fun.” she insisted.

“Sure.” I responded. “Come on Bay.”

Bay and I followed behind Miss V after we said our good byes to our mother. . . . .