The Definitive Book of Body Language-Nikki-R2-Q3

The Definitive Book of Body Language

Allan and Barbara Pease

Page 83- page 111

In The Definitive Book of Body Language, I learned how to tell if someone’s words corresponded with their body language. I can now tell if someone is feeling insecure or disagreeing with your proposal. It also shows how to persuade someone to tell the truth and what different hand gestures mean in different countries.  In The Definitive Book of Body Language I learned to watch to see if someone is inviting you in or pushing you out.

The Definitive Book of Body Language is a great book for everyone wanted to know what people are really thinking. Although unconscious, some body language can be very obvious. It is fun to read this book and see how people in real life do the same things. I enjoyed the section about arm gestures. It showed how some people who feel insecure clutch purses, arm bags, or cuff links. The Definitive Book of Body Language explained how to persuade someone to tell the truth. I also enjoyed the section about cultural differences. It explained how different hand gestures mean different things. I am glad I know this because if I were to give an Australian thumbs up, they would think I was saying something very offensive. Or if I were to give someone from Russia the OK sign, they might think I was talking about a gay man. The Definitive Book of Body Language is a wonderful book that explains why people do certain gestures. 

3 thoughts on “The Definitive Book of Body Language-Nikki-R2-Q3

1. This sounds like a very interesting book! I would totally read it! Great reading letter 🙂