The Definitive Book of Body Language-RL 5-Q3-Nikki

The Definitive Book of Body Language

Allan and Barbara Pease

Page 191-page 228

In this section of The Definitive Book of Body Language, I learned about how people position their body while engaged in a conversation. It explained that depending where you live, people have different personal space ranges. People living in rural areas tend to have a larger personal space bubble and feel more uncomfortable when their space is invaded, in contrast to people living in large cities, who tend to have a smaller personal space bubble.

I really enjoy The Definitive Book of Body Language. It continues to keep my interest as I read. I liked this section because I can relate real life conversations to examples in the book. I learned to predict the relationship between two people by the distance between them. I really like this book because it gives you insight regarding what people might be really thinking. The chapter “How the Legs Reveal What the Mind Wants to Do,” explains how feet tend to point towards those that are most important. The Definitive Book of Body Language reveals that the famous “American Figure Four” is an argumentative gesture. It an easy way for other countries to find who is from America. I recommend this book to everyone that wants to have an inside look on what others are thinking. I am half way through The Definitive Book of Body Language and can’t wait to finish.

4 thoughts on “The Definitive Book of Body Language-RL 5-Q3-Nikki

1. I LOVE learning about things like this and your reading letter makes me want to learn more!!! GOOD JOB 🙂

2. I think that it is very cool how you can almost read people’s minds 🙂 Vary interesting!
    Eliza