Forgotten Fire-RL2-Q4-Nikki

Forgotten Fire

Adam Bagdasarian

Page 31-page 204

In Forgotten Fire, a tragic story about a boy who lost everything in the Armenian Holocaust, Vahan Kendarian was taken away from his home and sent to jail, where his sister and grandmother were killed. After his two of his brothers, one of his sisters, his father, and grandmother were killed, Vahan and his brother, Sisak, were forced to leave their mother and other sister in the jail while they escaped. Sisak and Vahan traveled miles only to get separated. Vahan went to his friend’s house, then was sent to the governors house to clean the stables. He then went to a group of Turks that would kill him if they found out that he was Armenian, to an orphanage were Vahan was then found a home, working as a slave.

I have really enjoyed Forgotten Fire, because it is an amazing story that explains how one day you could be sitting in your bedroom, and the next you would be sitting in a jail watching your brothers and sisters die. Forgotten Fire has opened my eyes to the terrible things that were done. Full of detail, this book describes the journey of one young boy that was taken from everything that he knew. At the time I did not agree with some of the choices made by Vahan, but in the end it worked out for him.  I am enjoying reading this book because it is based on true events. Reading about tolerance and hatred has opened my eyes to the world we live in.  Though it is a very sad story, Forgotten Fire is an outstanding book that I didn’t want to put down. I sat in my room for hours wanting to see what would happen next. I would definitely recommend this book because it gives awareness about the types of people that are in this world.

2 thoughts on “Forgotten Fire-RL2-Q4-Nikki