Reading letter 3-Eliza

4 Little Girls

Video

This video was about the bombing of 16th Street Baptist church. The bombing took place in Birmingham, Alabama on Sunday, September 15th, 1963. This film covered the story of the 4 main victims of the bombing. Their names were, Addie Mea Collins, Carole Robertson, Cynthia Wesley, and Denise McNair. There were many weird events leading up to the time of the explosion. Such as someone received a call and on the other end someone said “three minutes”.When the bomb happend the 4 girls had just gotten ready for Sunday school.

This video taught me every thing I know about this bombing. I knew that the civil rights movement was going on. However, this gave me a view on exactly how gruesome it was. When I think about how whites treated African Americans it makes me sick. I try to see how the whites were thinking and I just don’t understand it. When I think about how I would have reacted to the whites if i was being discriminated against I say I would stand up for myself. However, I say that but it was normal then. The African Americans just thought well I guess thats how it is. I thought this video was very sad. I almost, or did, cry in some parts. This time period is most definitely one of the darkest times in America’s history.

2 thoughts on “Reading letter 3-Eliza