Reading letter Q4- Grace

Shug

By: Jenny Han

Pages: 1- 67 = 67 pages

At the very end of summer Annemarie is very nervous to get back to school. The week before school started a girl named Sherilyn had a pool party at her house. The year before at the pool party everyone in their class played ships and sailors, ate food at the party, and went swimming. But this year none of the girls except for Annemarie and Elaine, Annemarie’s best friend, actually went swimming. All the rest of the girls sat on the lawn chairs and tanned. Annemarie feels like she is the only kid in the whole 7th grade class.

I don’t understand why Annemarie is so self conscious because almost every other page she would be complaining that she is too tall, or has too much freckles. But besides for that I love this book. I feel like I can connect with Annemarie because her Dad travels a lot cause of work and so does mine, but that is the only thing I can connect with her. I wonder why Mark stops being friends with Annemarie. I don’t understand Mark’s character because he was supposed to be this really fun and outgoing person but me he sounds like a whinny 3 year old. I wonder how the book is going to end because to me right now it doesn’t seem like anyone really likes Annemarie right now. I love how the made the front a Popsicle I didn’t get the cover until page 60 but I thought it was very smart and creative. I would recommend this book to anyone so far.

2 thoughts on “Reading letter Q4- Grace