Reading Letter – Caitlyn

Caitlyn Smith

August 18, 2020

Dear Ms. Gibson,

Half a Chance

Cynthia Lord

Page 1 to page 224

Summary:

Lucy and her family moved to New Hampshire by a lake. Her father is a famous photographer and she is also very interested in photography. Before her father goes on the business trip, he is hosting a contest. Nate, her new neighbor is staying by the lake for the summer, so he helps her take photos all summer for the contest.

Response:

I loved this book because at the beginning of the book when her father left, it really made me what to keep reading the book until I got to the end. When Lucy found out her father was hosting the photography contest, she was very determined to win but she didn’t think it was going to be fair. Lucy knew her father wouldn’t want her to win the contest because everyone would think he only picked her because it was his own daughter. The book got better when they ended up making a plan to put Nates name on the contest form, which really made me want to read the rest of the book to see if they get caught. I love how the author added parts of there daily life on the lake while also building suspense all the way until the end with the contest. The book was full of wonder and there were always surprising things that happening in the book which really made me love the book.

Sincerely,

Caitlyn

One thought on “Reading Letter – Caitlyn

1. Hey Caitlyn,
    So would you call this a romance rather than a suspense book?? Do you think that’s the goal of the story, to get these two together?
    MsG