Reading Letter 3 Sophia S

Sophia Sechler

September 12, 2020

Dear, Ms. Gibson

How to Disappear

Sharon Huss Roat

Page 25 to page 77

Summary: Vicky gets jealous when Jena has already made new friends at her new school. So, she photoshops her images to make it look like she had been at parties, concerts, and other exciting places. Vicky is forced to join the yearbook club because she is skipping classes, but it turns out she likes to be a part of the club. Vicky creates an Instagram account with photoshopped pictures of herself at different places. She begins to get tons of likes and followers

Response: I liked this part of the book because new and exciting things are happening. I like how the author explained every detail when Vicky went thrift shopping. I wonder how far Vickie’s jealousy will create a vent throughout for her throughout the book. This is important because when Vicky creates a social media profile its’s the beginning of the rising action. I don’t understand why Vicky is so shy and reserved. I am wondering how the title of the book will tie into the story.

Sincerely, Sophia

One thought on “Reading Letter 3 Sophia S

1. Hey Sophia,
    Do you think this is a little untruthful??? Making yourself look like you’re in places you’ve never been?? That can kind of get you in trouble.
    MsG