Reading Letter 4

Nathan Wu

12 September 2020

Dear Ms. Gibson,

Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban

J.K. Rowling

Page 380 – 420

Summary:

Ron gets dragged into the Whomping Willow by a giant black dog which ends up being Sirius. Harry and Hermione follow Ron, While Remus Lupin, a professor at Hogwarts, looks at the Marauder’s map seeing that the dog is Sirius Black. Once they’re inside, Lupin comes and Sirius is an Animagus, which means he can turn into an animal. Harry is really confused, because he thought that Sirius betrayed his parents, but it was actually Peter Pettigrew, Ron’s rat animagus. Snape comes then gets knocked out by Harry. Harry finds out the truth about Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew who was thought to be dead.

Response:

I really loved this section, because this is a really important scene in the whole harry potter universe. I know that later on, in the book, Sirius will be of much help in the future. He is also one of my favorite characters. I really dislike Peter Pettigrew of a lot of characteristics. When I read this book the first time, I remembered how I used to think Sirius Black was on Voldemort’s side, and used to hate him. After reading more, I really like Sirius. Also during the book, how the author created lots of tension and worriedness, when Sirius started showing up at Hogwarts and when every incident happened I would always sit up straight and be fully into the book. I really enjoyed reading this book.

One thought on “Reading Letter 4

1. Hey Nathan,
    I agree with you about Sirius. He’s a great character and so misunderstood by many! I’m glad Harry gets to know him and understand how it was Peter who betrayed his parents!
    MsG