Tom Sawyer reading letter

Sophia Sechler

November 1, 2020

Hello Ms. Gibson,

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Mark Twain

Page 1 to page 217

Tom Sawyer is a young boy who is mischievous, lying, and good-hearted. He lives with his Aunt Polly, brother Sid, and cousin Mary. Tom likes to go on adventures with his friends and his adventurous imagination. Tom’s closest friends are Joe Harper, Huckleberry Fin, Amy Lawrence, and Becky Thatcher.  His biggest adventure he went on included, becoming pirates, floating down the river, and being gone so long that their parents thought they were dead.

I loved the part of the book when Joe, Huckleberry Fin, and Tom go on their float trip and don’t come back until their funerals. I like how the author wrote the story as the third person even though it was his life he was explaining. I disliked the part of the book when the murder happened, I disliked it because I felt like it did not fit with the theme of the book. This is similar to my life because I’m kind of like tom we’re both youthful, mischievous, and outgoing In the Adventures of Tom Sawyer this quote stuck out to me “Well, everybody does it that way, Huck.” “Tom, I am not everybody.” This relates to me because Tom is saying he does not want to be like everybody else and that just because everybody else does something does not mean he’s going to do it exactly the same.

From,

Sophia

One thought on “Tom Sawyer reading letter

1. Hey Sophia,
    I get your point about the murder. It was a more dangerous time, so it’s possible more violent things might happen.
    MsG