Student writing#1 friendship

Friendship

By: Raphael Freelander

Friendship is a big part in the play mid summer night’s dreams. I think it is very important because friends are great to have during your life. They can help you with anything you need and also they are always there for you. Friends can be anyone. Even the people you don’t like could end up being some of your best friends. Right now friendship is keeping me balanced in my everyday life.

Hermia and Helena are a good example of this. They are good friends and able to really on each other until they are put on a spell which causes them to fight, but at the same time all good friends have disagreements. I think that if they would have not been friends then the whole play would be off. Even though you trust your friends you should not always do what they tell you to do because sometimes this can lead to bad things.

In the play Shakespeare use friendship a lot and tries to connect everyone together. By doing this it makes the setting seem like it is a small world because everyone knows everyone and everyone is friends or enemies. He also uses a lot of love in the play, and by doing this is cause more friends and enemies.

In this play there are also a lot of love hate relationships between the opposite sex. For example when Hermia says, “If then true lovers have been ever crossed, It stands as an edict in destiny: Then let us teach our trail patience, Because it is a customary cross, as due to love as thoughts and dreams and sighs, Wishes and tears, poor Fancy’s followers.” I think that this line was important because it showed how her friendship could change to love over night. Also things like this can happen sometimes. For example say that you are really close friends with someone and then the next day you wake up and realize you are in love with them, and that you just haven’t noticed.

Overall through this book I learned for love and friendship can be twisted, but at the same time it can work out at times. I also was able to take this play and relate it to my life.