Reading Letter 3 of 2Q- Kelley

Book: The Sea of Monsters

Author: Rick Riordan

Pages: 279/279

This book is a sequel to The Lightning Thief. Percy Jackson, a demigod, goes back to Camp Half-Blood and many things have changed. There is a new camp director, monsters are starting to attack the camp, and the tree that protects the camp has been poisoned. Though Percy is not supposed to leave, he goes on a quest to find an object that can save the camp: The Golden Fleece. It’s located on a Cyclops’s island that is in a place called the Sea of Monsters (the Bermuda Triangle). Since he is the son of Poseidon (the sea god), he uses his power over the sea to get to the island with his friend Annabeth, who is a daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom. When they get there, they have to use trickery to fool the Cyclops into moving away from the fleece. With a little help from Tyson, another younger Cyclops who is Percy’s friend, they get the Golden Fleece. When they return to camp, they hang the fleece on a tree.

I liked this book because it is really funny and teaches you a lot about Greek mythology. Even though this book is good, I think it’s my least favorite one in the series. That’s because the plot just isn’t as interesting as the other ones and I don’t like how the camp’s magical borders went down. I also didn’t like the new camp director (who leaves, thankfully) or the Tyson character. Even though it had some things I didn’t like about it, this book was still really good.

One thought on “Reading Letter 3 of 2Q- Kelley

1. Hey Kelley! I thought that you did a great job! You were descriptive, there werent any errors and you followed the reading letter format. Good job- Maddie