Kodi Jones Reading Letter #4

Title: 1000 Inventions & Discoveries

Author: Roger Bridgman

Pg 1-248 of 248

This book talked about the many Inventions & Discoveries recorded over the past 3,000,000 years. One of the first inventions where the stone tools used for hunting cutting and carving.  As we grew our enthusiasm for discovery increased and we learned how to make fire. Bow & arrows became  very useful tools for catching food. Farming became one of the most important discoveries for growing food. Boats where helpful for getting around the world. The invention of electricity helped so that people could see in the dark without the risk of catching their house on fire. The invention of firearms was very important for survival. The very first TV was not created until the 196Os. The newest present day invention would be the Iphone 3G or the new Verizon droid cell phones and also the breath taking stealth Aircraft such as the F-117.

This book reminded me of the importance of the Inventions we have today and that we should count ourselves lucky that we have some great things. I can’t imagine living a long time ago with out modern tools. I hope (like in my last book) the 3D printer comes out soon because how cool would it be to print out anything in 3D. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes reading about inventions through out history.

2 thoughts on “Kodi Jones Reading Letter #4

1. Kodi,
    Very interesting reading letter! Very informative and enjoyable to read. I would like to read more about this book, you had a great informative section and reflection and I thought that everything except for some grammar errors was great!
    Riley

2. Kelly,
    This is a great reading letter!!! You put a lot of information and explained everything well. I agree that you might want to check spelling and punctuation but other than that it is really good!
    Kelsey