Lensie F. student W.

Every year I look forward to Christmas. It is my favorite holiday and my favorite time of year. The joy and happiness you feel. You look around and see Christmas lights. The day you put up your Christmas trees and decoration you feel happy. The wonderful Christmas carols you hear playing on the radio. The presents under the tree, mailing and receiving the wonderful presents, is a great feeling. Making gingerbread houses, and Christmas cookies, boy are they yummy! I love everything about Christmas, but I really enjoy being able to spend time with my wonderful family, and to be able to celebrate the amazing day that Jesus was born.
Every year my family and I have a few Christmas traditions. One of them is that every year my brother and I receive a Christmas ornament that we place on the tree in the family room. I have 13 Christmas ornaments and this year I will be receiving my 14th ornament! Another tradition that my family and I have is every Christmas Eve we go to the Christmas eve service at our church. It is very fun, because it reminds you that Christmas is just around the corner. The last Christmas tradition my family and I have is that every Christmas eve we each get to open a gift. A funny story that happened when I was in 1st grade and my brother randy was in 3rd grade. It was Christmas eve and we got to choose our gift that we wanted to open. We were all excited, we were looking at the gifts and see that there were two huge presents wrapped, we looked at them and one said randy and one said Lensie. We decided those were the presents we wanted to open…we opened them at the same time on the count of 1 2 3….and it they were suite cases……
Another part about Christmas that I really enjoy is the wonderful break, it gives a time to spend with family and friends and be able to give and receive, and be thankful. This is why Christmas is my favorite time of year.