Reading Letter 3 of 3Q- Kelley

Book: The Amazing Book of Useless Information

Author: Noel Botham & The Useless Information Society

Pages: 232/232

I had nothing else to read, so I read The Amazing Book of Useless Information. This book is just a bunch of facts, statistics, and averages all put together. The book is separated in to 20 categories of useless facts such as Belief Briefs (religious facts), Arithmetic Exam (random facts about numbers), Being the Best (about World Records), and many more. I would have to say my favorite category is Ad Space, which talks about advertisements from America that didn’t translate well. One example is The “Jolly Green Giant” was translated into Arabic as “Intimidating Green Ogre.” There are a lot more interesting facts in this book about things you don’t really need to know.

I like this book because it is pretty fun to read about all these random facts. I thought this book was well categorized and the names give you a good idea of what is in the section. I only wonder how the writers get all these facts and organize them. I also wonder how long it took to get all of the information. I’d say there has to be at least two-thousand facts in this book. I hope that someday they come out with another sequel, even though they already have four books. If you have nothing better to read, I would recommend this book.

One thought on “Reading Letter 3 of 3Q- Kelley

1. Kelley- Sounds like an interesting book. I also wonder how long it would take to make a book like that!?! What was the most interesting fact? Good job on your reading letter!

Brianna 🙂