3rd quarter reading letter 4-Robert

Legacy of the Dog Authors-Tetsu Yamazakiand Toyoharu Kojima Pages- 335/335

This book was about different types of dogs.  I wanted to read it because I like dogs and it looked interesting.  While reading the book I learned that there are 7 different types of dog groups.  They are the herding group, working group, sporting group, hound group, terrier group, toy group, and non-sporting group.  My favorite group was the terrier group because I have two Jack Russell terriers.  I also learned that the biggest dog is the Irish wolfhound and it can weigh ninety pounds at six months of age.  This book is really cool because it has over 200 types of dogs in it.  On each page it shows one or two breeds of dogs.  It also shows where they originated, the key characteristics and the amount of exercises and care needed for each breed of dog.  The book describes different breeds of puppies and their required training.  The book shows how big the dogs are going to be and their predicted weight.  My favorite dog that I found in this book was the Welsh Corgi Pembroke. This is the type of dog the Queen of England owns. The Welsh Corgi Pembroke originated in Wales and is considered to be in the herding group. The corgi usually has five to eight puppies and it takes twelve to fifteen months to mature.  Corgis are 10-12 inches tall and weigh 24-30 lbs. Corgis need to be brushed twice a week for 10 minutes. Overall, this book is really good and teaches people a lot about dogs. I would recommend it to anyone who likes dogs.

2 thoughts on “3rd quarter reading letter 4-Robert

1. This is a good reading letter. I think you could change the layout a little and add more reflection but it is overall really good.