Reading Letter #5 Qtr. 3-Kelsey

I’m Not Who You Think I Am

By Peg Kehret

Pages: 154/154

I’m Not Who You Think I Am, is a suspense novel in which a strange woman who claims to be a thirteen-year-old girls biological mother stalks her. Ginger Shaw, whose parents have always entertained her with stories of her birth, had never before considered the possibility of being adopted. However, the woman’s persistence causes Ginger to doubt her own identity and, finally, to fear for her life. Joyce (her stalker) calls her up on the phone and asks to meet her. Ginger reluctantly says yes, but she is being cautious and creates a signal to give to her friend, Karie if anything goes wrong. The next day Joyce shows up at the Ginger’s school, where they agreed to meet and Ginger decides to go talk to her. Joyce wants Ginger to get in the car and go to the apartment so they can talk. Instead of going with Joyce, she rides on the bus, and when she gets home she tells her big sister, Laura about it because her parents are out of town. The next day at a school meeting, Joyce is with a man who threatens her by saying that they have Ginger’s little brother, Tipper, and if she doesn’t go with them Joyce and the man will kill the little brother. The girl persuades them to go to the school meeting and she gives the friend her signal and the cops come and arrest her and Ginger is saved.

I personally thought this was a great novel because I love suspense and it was full of all kinds of suspense. The only thing that was suspicious was that everything seemed to work out perfectly. I think it would have made a good series if she was kidnapped or a better ending might have been if she met with the woman at home and then found a way to escape. I would recommend this to anyone who likes suspense.

One thought on “Reading Letter #5 Qtr. 3-Kelsey

1. This sounds like an interesting book, though I would like to know more about the character, instead of just the plot. But good job overall! 🙂