Riley- Reading Letter #6

I have already done a reading letter on this book but I read more this week because its a good book with wonderful reflecting material for this reading letter. The book is A Complaint Free World by: Will Bowen. I read pgs. 87-96. As you may know this is a self-help book that teaches us to appriceiate life more and be more thankful for the things that we already have. I am actually close friends with the author becaue he is the minister at our church or was. This week I read the part about how Will once met a man who was called Coach and his wife was very ill and she was about to die because of the illness, but strange enough the laughter and happiness of other peoples voices kept her alive!

This hapened because her husband put up a sign in their front yard that said, “Honk if you are happy” and this attracted many people to honk happily and surprisingly enough this honking of happiness kept the Coaches wife alive. She survived off of Happiness. This part really stuck out to me because it shows how we can make new friends everywhere and we can also all come together in peace to help each other out, which is exactly what Will Bowen did because if he didnt come in contact with the Coach and his wife, she may have died. This shows how one little person can affect everyone and make a huge differecne in my opinion. Of course these honks didnt continue and the wife didnt survive forever but, it was very important for me to realize that whether she was to die soon or not or at least if she did she would have those last couple moments of pure happiness from the honks and Will and her husband. This connects to my life in the way that death is not something that god ever wishes upon you, no death happens because of the circle of life. I’ve learned from this excerpt that sometimes death is a good thing. It gives people the chance to release from life and just be. They even enjoy this i’m sure.

This is important because not only does death happen, but people should really open up to others more from what i read. Peace is such a welcoming and inviting proposition that we should all strive for it, and if we do, decide how we can begin this by helping out others and the planet. However, I don’t understand how Ill Bowe came into connetion with the Coach and his wife, because that probably has a relation to this story that could be very valued information for myself to find out. I also wonder what the Coach and his wifes real names were. Maybe Will didnt want to mention them in this book so they wouldnt get bombarded by the Press. These are all valuble questions that you too could find the answer to if you pick up this book. I highly recommend it because it can change your life around like it did mine. Seriously, I am a changed person because not only have i read this book but because it affected other aspects of my life which led me to a small revelation. Very terrific book!