Reading letter 2-Quarter 1-Nikki

Pretties

Scott Westerfield

Page 1 to page 83= 83 total

The book, Pretties, is the second book in the Uglies series, where in these stories you are separated into groups, the Uglies, the Pretties, and the Specials. Everyone is born an Ugly, until you are 16, when you can have a surgery to make you a Pretty so you can then move out of Ugly Ville into the precious Pretty Town. Tally Youngblood was a mischievous Ugly who had encounters with Specials, who haven’t even been proven to exist yet, and soon became a Pretty.

I have already read the Uglies by Scott Westerfield and was excited to read Pretties. I can connect to theses stories because they show that as the old saying says, life is always greener on the other side. Uglies all want to be Pretties, until you find that being Pretty isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. With their hair that never gets out of place, eyes that tell time, perfectly plump lips, and skin as smooth as a baby’s, being Pretty would seem amazing to almost any Ugly who wasn’t allowed in the mansions of Pretty Town. The non-stop parties and high-tech walls make the Pretty Town mansions even more luxurious and mysterious. Tally and her best friend Shay had just become Pretties, but something is still lurking in their Ugly past. Soon, Tally and her friend Zane try to find clues left behind the by the sneaky Uglies, that might uncover why Pretties are not as wonderful as they are thought to be. I wonder what they will find that could lead them to unlocking the secrets about Pretties. I started reading this series because a close family-friend recommended them to me and I would recommend them to anyone wanting an excited story with a little twist. The Pretties is the second of four in his exciting series that make you sit on the edge of your seat wanting to know more.

3 thoughts on “Reading letter 2-Quarter 1-Nikki

1. I liked how you were explaining things at the begging of your story. It seems like it would be confusing but the book sounds really interesting. It makes me want to read it!

2. I have heard a lot of good things about this book. Your description of the book was perfect! I will definatly think about reading this book soon.

3. Ive never heard of this sears but is sounds very good. i like how you tell the amount of information that is needed but not to much and not to little. i also like how you left people hanging at the end. i like twists so i believe that i would like this story.