Reading Letter 2- Katie

The Ghost of Cutler Creek

Cynthia DeFelice

Page 100 to page 181=181 pages

I’m reading about a girl named Allie who thinks she is a ghost magnet and her best friend Dub has to help her. The most recent part I have read is when L.J. the new kid that came to Allie’s and Dub’s class at the end of the year comes to Allie’s house in the middle of the night. He tells her that he wants to help her prove that his dad is running a puppy mill. She tells him that she’s not doing it without Dub. When they go and get Dub they ride there bikes to the old abandoned bean factory. L.J. tells Dub and Allie that his dad is at home passed out but if all the dogs start to bark that his dad will hear so they have to be quite. L.J. tells them to go ahead and get the dogs well he gets his dads car. When Allie and Dub get inside she spots Hoover. She quickly grabbed Hoover and some of the other dogs well Dub grabs the rest. Allie and Dub saw L.J. pull up in his dads truck. They put the dogs in the back of the truck and they all got in. When they started to leave they saw L.J.’s dad standing right in front of the truck, he walked over to L.J. and tried to open the door but it was locked so he put his hands around L.J. and started to choke him. Allie bit his dads hands and L.J. stepped on the gas and they made it to the police station. L.J. told them he was going to go find his mom. Next thing you know L.J.’s dad is behind bars and L.J. now lives with his mom. So at the end Allie was rite the whole time!

I wonder if a story like that could ever happen here. We are known for the most puppy mill which I think is really sad. I love animals and I hate seeing all those pictures. I don’t get why people would be that desperate for money that they would do that. Animals cant talk so they don’t have anyone to speak out for them. Someone needs to! I have two dogs and two cats and I would hate to see them in puppy mills. I would actually hate to see and animal in a puppy mill. I think when people do that to animals who have no one to help them shows how low and disgusting a person can be. Even pet shop owners sell animals that need help and that could die right in front of you. It’s sad to see puppies being born in puppy mills that may not even make it to where they can open there eyes.  The puppy mill rate needs to go down. It makes me wonder if someone near me is running a puppy mill or if they know of one. Allie stuck up for what she believed in and at the end she was rite. Someone needs to do the same here!

3 thoughts on “Reading Letter 2- Katie

1. next time could you leave the audience hanging but i did like that the ending wasn’t bad. i don’t know what a puppy farm is so could you please enlighten me. i believe that you didn’t tell to much or to little information witch is hard to do. over all i might read this book in the not to distant future.