Gabe’s 2nd reading letter

BOOK: THE HUNGER GAMES

AUTHOR: SUZANNE COLLINS

PAGES: 1-374 (WHOLE BOOK)

The Hunger Games takes place in a world other than ours, divided into 12 districts and the Capitol. The Capitol controls everything. Every year the Hunger Games take place. The Hunger Games are a reminder of what happens to rebellions, because of the former district 13 tried to revolt and got destroyed. To punish the other districts, the Capitol hosts something called the Reaping. A boy and a girl are randomly selected to fight to the death in the Hunger Games. There is only one winner, who’s district is awarded food and other gifts from the Capitol. The main character is a girl named Katniss.

I think this book is very well-done, and am planning to read the next in the series. Suzanne Collins does a very good jog of describing every detail in the book. It is not as hard as you might imagine to “put” yourself into the book. The author also knows two to surprise you. She foreshadows one thing, then has another thing happen. This throws many twists and turns into the book. The ironic thing in my opinion, was that Katniss hunted often with a bow back in District 12. I wonder if the author was good at hunting and other survival skills. I also wondered if her father perished when she was young. It ends in suspense, and you are eager to read the next book.

One thought on “Gabe’s 2nd reading letter

1. The Hunger Games are a reminder of what happens to rebellions, because of the former district 13 tried to revolt and got destroyed. That was a comma splice.

This is the correct way: The Hunger Games are an example of what happens to rebellions. District 13 rebelled and got destroyed.