Gabe-Reading Letter 5

Recently, I have been reading a Suzanne Collins book called Catching Fire. It is the second book in the Hunger Games series. It continues after the first book, Katniss Everdeen, along with Peeta Mellark, won the seventy-fourth Hunger Games deathmatch. In Catching Fire, they learn that uprisings have been started by them accidently. The Capitol’s president Snow threatens to kill Gale and Katniss’s family. After that, they learn that they must compete in the Quarter Quell, which is pretty much another version of the Hunger Games that occurs every seventy-five years between all the past victors of the Games. I really have liked the series so far, because of the unexpected twists that Suzanne Collins throws in. I like how the books start with one problem, then slowly build up to many in a systematic way. I wonder if Haymitch makes it through the Quarter Quell. I wonder if Gale survives. I am curious to see what the Quarter Quell’s environment is going to be like. If there will be trees or not, forcefields, killer animals, or oceans. I also want to know what happens to Katniss and Peeta’s allies. I love this series, and can’t wait to finish this book and go on to Mockingjay.

3 thoughts on “Gabe-Reading Letter 5

1. Gabe first off i love this book, and i was wondering if you do too? Anyway, i only saw one thing, the quarter quells happen every 25 years not 75, thats why its called a quarter quell. Anyway good reading letter it was really interesting and it captures the book well.

2. sorry not to be mean or anything but this is the first one when all teh victors compete, like when Haymitch went in he had to face double the competitors, in thsi one it is “too prove that not even the strongest of us are above the capitols might”.

3. It is a really good book and Im reading it right now. You did very good in the letter without any mistakes.