Book Report 6, Annika

Chase
Jessie Haas
1-244
In this book, 1875, Phin Chase is running away from the Sleepers or the Irish are after Phin, English, who is rumored to kill a man. Even though he didn’t do it, people of all cultures are hunting him down to kill him. No trial, no jail, just death. Phin has to run out of coal country, away from the Irish and into a new life.
I really liked this book because, it takes place in the 19th century, a time peirod I find fascinating and it is all about my favorite game, hide-in-seek. I also like this book because the ‘seeker’ is a dark black, muscular horse that ‘tracks like a bloodhound’. The only way Phin can excape is by fleeing his town on a train. Although I’ve never left as fast as Phin, I do know about leaving unplanned. Most of our roadtrips no one knows about, except for dad, so we just get in the car and drive. Though I have never been on a train, I think being in a boxcar would be highly uncomfortable and scarey.

One thought on “Book Report 6, Annika

1. The beginning of this letter was confusing but you corrected it. This book looks really interesting. Plus it probably would be really uncomfotable to ride in a box car.