LA, California-FINAL-Nikki

LA, California-Final
In early August 2010, my mom, Marie, took me to Los Angles, California. I walked off the airplane at the LAX airport; and I already knew this was going to be a great trip. We stayed at the Mosaic Hotel, which was a small hotel, minutes from Rodeo Drive and only had about 30 rooms. The next morning we went to Rodeo Drive! The stores were gigantic and everyone was dressed up. After shopping on Rodeo Drive, my mom and I went to the famous cupcake shop, Sprinkles.
When I walked into Sprinkles, I automatically felt a sugar rush from the smell of the deliciously sweet frosting. I ordered red velvet with cream cheese frosting. The cake was amazing; but the frosting was too sweet for me. Just down the street there was another cupcake place called Crumbs. Again, I chose the red velvet, which was the best cupcake I have ever had. The rich, creamy frosting and the blood red, moist cake melted in my mouth. It made you drool just by looking at it, and I devoured the entire cupcake as I watched the people of Beverly Hills, pass by my table, looking at my cupcake, their eyes wide with jealousy.
We then went to the Santa Monica Pier to watch the sunset! We rode the Ferris wheel and hung out at the beach. While walking back to the hotel, we spotted a tiny pizza restaurant called Pizza Rustica. The slices were as big as my head and it was the best pizza I have ever had!
The next day we went to Hollywood! We saw the Hollywood Walk of Fame and went to the famous wax museum, Madame Tusssauds. I got to meet wax figures of so many movie stars and Hollywood icons! The wax figures were so realistic that if you stood still enough people could mistake you for a wax figure. We took pictures by the Hollywood sign and shopped at the famous mall, Kitson. That night, we went back to the hotel after visiting the pier, again. We ate the same pizza that night because it was so good!
Sadly, the fun had to end. We hopped back on the plane to Missouri saying goodbye to beautiful California sun. The view from the plane had me missing LA already, but I was ready to go home to friends! I wish I could have stayed longer and would love to go back! I am so thankful to my mom for taking me on this wonderful adventure.

2 thoughts on “LA, California-FINAL-Nikki