reading letter 4 q3

Title of book: The Red Pyramid

Author: Rick Riordan

Page 0 to page 516 ends

In The Red Pyramid there is a family called the Kanes who were split apart as children. Carter, the boy, lives with his father who travels around the world and is an archeologist. Sadie, the girl, lives with her grandparents and her mother died. On the one day a year when they get to see each other a series of magic happens leaving them with no father and a cat goddess to protect them. In the end the Kanes defeat Set (the evil god who has a secret name of bad day) and reveal Appofas (the god of evil) who is trying to escape from his prison.

This book had lots of mystery that were ether told at the very end or kept secret. That was very much like Rick Riordan wrote in The Lost Hero or the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. One of the only reasons I read his books is because of that mystery. It was just as good as Dune which is high praise coming from me. I don’t understand why authors always make everyone always go to Washington DC, why not Missouri or even Alaska.

Some things were not explained well in the book: I don’t understand why Carter had to let Horus take over his body instead of Horus just doing it. And if that is so than how did Amos get taken over by Set so easily. I don’t understand why the Kanes had to let go of the gods inside of them. And I certainly don’t understand why their father had to remain in the underworld. If you liked the Percy Jackson or the lost hero series than you will certainly like this book. My final complaint is how Carter returned the Set animal to the duit with so little effort if it is so hard to. Even if you haven’t read the other books by Rick Riordan, you could still read this book because it is a different series.

2 thoughts on “reading letter 4 q3