Reading letter 5 Q3-Gabe

Book: Scorpia

Pages: 312

In this book, Alex Rider goes in search of who his father worked for supposedly before he died. Alex discovers that his father actually was undercover, and working for MI6 when he died. He uncovers a plot to get revenge by Scorpia and must stop it. At the end it seems like he gets shot.

I generally don’t like books that end in suspense like that, but as long as the whole series doesn’t end there, I am fine. I was not surprised that his father was working for MI6 along with his uncle. I did think that the trick where his father almost dies was a bit far-fetched. There was no apparent use for the trick death, besides that of extending the plot with a twist. I think that in every book, whoever Alex is fighting dies in some bad way, such as in this book getting crushed. I think that the part with Mrs. Jones almost getting killed was well-written. I wonder if Alex will survive the getting shot in the end, or if there are more books. I also wonder why the author made it as if Alex could feel no pain as he was shot.