reading letter 6 Q3

The Lost Hero

100%

Jason woke up on a bus one day, not remembering what had happened.  He was on a bus with strange people he had never met.   Later on he finds out he is the son of Zeus, the sky god, he is taken to camp half- blood with two other kids.  One is named Piper, whose mother was Aphrodite, the goddess of love, and the other is named Leo, whose father is Hephaestus.   They were sent on a quest to stop Gaea and the giants, who control the earth.  They set out on the quest and fight through a lot of monsters to find Hera, one of the goddesses in Olympia.  She was trapped in a cage and was having her power drained to make one of the worst giants ever made.  They free Hera, but the giant escapes.  At the end of the book, they find out that Jason, who had initially been in the Roman camp, was swapped with Percy Jackson, who had been in the Greek camp.    

I think this is a great book after reading the Lightning Thief series.   I can’t wait for his next book to come out in the Spring.   This was another one of my favorite books.  It was explained in great detail, but sometimes confusing.   I am glad that he used some of the same characters in the book because it was easier for me to picture them along with some of the newer characters.   This book was really fun to read.  The book also kept me guessing what will happen next to the characters.  It was a great action and adventure book.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action and adventure or mythology.   Sometimes I felt like he could have added more explanation regarding the disappearance of Percy Jackson and how he and Jason were swapped between camps.

gavin