Forgotten Fire-RL1-Q4-Nikki

Forgotten Fire

Adam Bagdasarian

Page 1-page 30

Twelve-year-old Vahan Kenderian’s life is turned upside down when his country and his town changed to a war zone, during World War 1. Vahan is terrified when his father is taken away by the police and does not return. When many others close to Vahan and his family start to disappear, Vahan becomes determined to find out what is happening to his village. Vahan finds out his father is dead and can’t imagine what is going to happen next.

I have enjoyed this book so far because it captures your interest in the first few pages with its detail. Forgotten Fire continues to draw you in as you get deeper into the story. Though the names of the people and towns are hard to follow, Bagdasarian does a good job guiding you through. I enjoy reading about a story based on true events. The scary thing about reading this book is taking a minute to realize that events such as those in this book actually happened and may still be occurring. When Vahan lost his father, I could feel myself caring for the characters by page twenty. So far, it is a good book that catches your attention and explains about a young boys life in a war city. I have enjoyed this book and I am excited to read more.

2 thoughts on “Forgotten Fire-RL1-Q4-Nikki

1. I agree with you that it does grab your attention. I can’t imagine what it would be like to lose my father in this way. Many people don’t know that there was a genocide in Armenia and that Hitler spoke of it when he made plans for what he would do to the Jews of the world. When you get to know these characters, it makes it so much more significant than if you just read a listing of facts about who killed the Armenians, who was doing the killing, etc.
    MsG