Warriors Don’t Cry- Reading Response-Gabe

4. Even though it was a drastic change for the white people, I think that they were completely unjustified and wrong. They were persecuting human beings.

5. I think that the white people would have all noticed and would have rioted. With only two people, the whole crowd won’t notice. If there had been a large crowd of blacks, I think that many would have died, because mass panic would occur, and the whole white crowd would be chasing them, not just four-ten. The police and soldiers might have joined in the efforts of the whites to catch the black people if there had been a large crowd. With only two people, they can get away before many people notice.

One thought on “Warriors Don’t Cry- Reading Response-Gabe

1. Gabe,

I think you bring up some interesting points that I hadn’t considered. And I have an awful suspicion that your predictions about the police officers and national guardsmen would come true. With that idea in mind I can’t help but thinking that they police officers and national guardsmen would have been granted the “right” to use force and violence against the African Americans even if they weren’t causing trouble.

— Ms. Skarke