Reading letter 3 q4-Mark

Title of book: Woods Runner

Author: Gary Paulsen

Page 0 to page 176 ends

In Woods Runner, a boy is living with his family in the pioneer days. A band of vicious British solders comes and destroys his home as well as taking his family hostage. He sets off to find them and finds a little girl whose family was killed just after they provided hospitality to the boy. The little girl and he set off and rescue the boy’s family from the British. In the end he is helped by some revolutionary war soldiers who help him rescue his family.

This book was too fast passed and should have been slowed down a little. It didn’t have enough character development before the action started. There was too much action forced into a very short time. The writer didn’t do enough to make the reader completely understand the characters. If you could get your head around the action it was a very action packed book. I would have liked this book when I was younger, and didn’t need to understand the characters. I don’t believe this book was a very well thought out one though.

I don’t understand how the American soldiers could have forged British papers. I don’t understand why the girl’s family would have let the boy in their house and fed him at all. I don’t understand how the Americans got past the British guards without the British guards sounding a warning alarm. I don’t understand why the British even kept the P.O.W.’s that they captured in America and not just killed them. I would not recommend reading this book unless you have nothing else to read and are short on time.

2 thoughts on “Reading letter 3 q4-Mark