Readletter 4 q4-Mark

Title of book: To Kill a Mockingbird

Author: Lee Harper

Page 0 to page 336 ends

In To Kill a Mockingbird, you take the prospective of a young girl who’s nick name is Scout. She has a brother whose nickname is Jem and a friend who’s name is Dill and they make trouble together. Their father is the defendant of a black man who is accused of rape. Their father Atticus proves that the man is innocent but he is voted guilty anyway. The father of the accuser tries to kill Atticus’s children because Atticus defended the black man even though the verdict was wrong.

Lee Harper didn’t put enough action in her book. It was bland and tasteless. It was about the life of an ordinary child up to the very end. Up until pg 50 I didn’t even know who was white or black. The only even close to exciting part was when the man attacked the children and that didn’t even last 2 full pages. The closest thing after that was when Jem tried to destroy an old woman’s flower garden.

I don’t understand why everyone was to mean to Scout and Jem. I don’t understand why Lee Harper decided that the book would be about a girl learning to be a woman with a side note of racism here and there. I don’t understand how Atticus wasn’t racist and his brother’s family was. I believed that racism is learned from your parents. I disliked the book and thought it was boring. I do not recommend reading this book even if you are really, really, really board.