reading letter1

Mary Gabriel

8-18-20

Dear Miss Gibson,

We Were Liars

1. Lockhart

We Were Liars is about a girl named Cadence Sinclair. For as long as Cadence can remember she has gone to her grandfather’s private beach every summer with her cousins, during her 15th summer, she suffers a traumatic accident causing her to summer from some amnesia and terrible headaches. Returning to the beach two summers later Cadence tries to remember what exactly happened during that summer and what has pushed her apart from her family.

I really enjoy reading this book because it is filled with twists and turns. E Lockhart is one of my favorite authors. The depth and emotion of this person who has lost almost everything important to them are really amazing to read. I also really enjoy reading books with an unreliable narrator such as cadence in this story. I also enjoy getting to find out what has happened along with the characters, so you’re not just waiting for them to find out what you already know. We Were Liars is a beautiful story about healthily and unhealthily dealing, and coping with trauma.

One thought on “reading letter1

1. Hi Mary,
    It sounds like an interesting story. Is this book as good as the others? Sometimes there are weaker books in a series or even stand alone books by the same author. I guess they can’t all be as good!
    MsG