Reading Letter 2

Eva Heidemann

August 25,2020

Dear Ms.Gibson, 

Violent Crimes

Phillip Margolin

Page 24 to 46

Summary: Tom Beatty (the navy guy who got into the fight) got his case dropped by the DA. He is so excited so he goes to tell his friend Christine. Christine is also very excited, but then someone decides to frame Tom in a very harmful way. One day when Tom came home there were many police outside his house looking for drugs, but they then found Christine’s body lying on dead Beatty’s bedroom floor. Tom was imedietly rushed to jail where he calls his lawyer Amanda.

Response: I dislike the part of the book when they explained that Tom’s case was dropped. It was so sudden and the narrator didnt really explain the process of the case being released. I also was very on edge when the police went to Beatty’s house because he has already been through so much. I also didnt like how the author chose to make Christine die because i liked her and she was a good friend to Tom when she helped him with his case. Christine’s murder added a mystery into the plot though, so it helps the story line and makes the reader wonder who did it. Overall this part of the book was the worst but also the best because I felt bad for Tom but there is also an interesting mystery to solve.

Sincerely, Eva

One thought on “Reading Letter 2

1. Hey Eva,
    You are right about how some authors give you plot stuff that you just don’t care for because it adds to the mystery, to the complexity of the plot. It does sound as if the author makes you feel something for the protagonist, and that’s important.
    MsG