DRAFT

Devin Sanford

Free Write

English 8

Sadie

Sadie is a golden lab and is 8 years old. Sadie’s favorite toy is a bumble bee, even though it is held up by a few threads. She still loves to play with it. Sadie loves water and burying bones. She is a very friendly dog and likes to hunt lizards. Sadie and I go on walks every day. Last night, I was walking my dog Sadie, and we saw a cat. The cat was black and white with spots of brown. They had a staring contest for what seemed to be forever. I was scared because I didn’t know if it was a stray cat that could carry a disease. Even though it was significantly smaller than my dog and I, I was still frightened.

When we tried to continue our walk, the cat arched its back and hissed loudly. Sadie tried to charge the cat, but I had a tight grip on her leash so she wouldn’t leave my side. I didn’t like cats before this, and I definitely don’t like them now. After it hissed, it started walking towards us, and I sprinted away as fast as I could with Sadie right beside me. Then we took a different route around the neighborhood and finished our walk.

One thought on “DRAFT

1. I love the description of meeting the cat. It’s funny and a little suspenseful! See me about some punctuation issues, please.
    MsG