Reading Letter- Caitlyn

Caitlyn Smith

August 30, 2020

Dear Ms. Gibson,

The Shack

Wm. Paul Young

Page 1 to page 25

Summary:

Mack finds a single letter in the mailbox that says he has missed Mack and he will be at the shack next weekend if you want to get together. On the letter, it’s signed “Papa” and Mack was thinking it’s a prank, so he felt angry. Mack calls the post office and finds out the letter has not yet arrived at his home. His daughter, Katie, says she has been praying to Papa (her nickname for God) for idea of how to get through her, but she feels as if he isn’t listening. Mack feels confusion and pain about the letter. Mack was deeply upset by that letter becuase it appears to be from God and he is upset at him for allowing his daughter, Missy, to die.

Response:

Even though I haven’t read much of this book, I really like it so far becuase it seems to be a very interesting story since his daughter was abducted and it’s still a mystery of what exectly happened. The author did a great job by adding suspense at the begining by Mack getting a letter from God. I love how that author added the letter from God and also the mystery of his daughter so that the reader would really want to keep reading. I am excited to keep reading this book because it seems like when he goes to the shack, all of the secrets about Missy will be revealed. The author did a good job leaving questions at the begining of the book, making me think about what might happen later on in the book. This book has quickly grabbed my attention and keeps me of the edge of my seat.

One thought on “Reading Letter- Caitlyn

1. Hi Caitlyn,
    You’re right that it does seem to be building to this ending. It will be nice to see if your guesses play out.
    MsG