Reading Letter

Devin Sanford

August 30, 2020

Ms. Gibson

Dear Ms. Gibson,
Treasure Hunters
James Patterson
Page 71-130

Summary:

Bick, Beck, Tommy, and Storm have extraordinarily little money after their last trade with Louie Louie. Tommy, the eldest knew where they could find lots of treasure and get them back on their feet, and a little more. The 4 children found the treasure site and only got a small fraction of the treasure just in case they needed it later. After that, they call Louie Louie and ask if he knows where they could trade it in. He said he knew a lady in Miami so that is where they headed.

Response:

I like this part of the book because they were helping each other out emotionally and figuring things out without their parents. I like how the author described everything because he wanted to make the book more interesting. I think that the author pointed out that they left the some of the treasure because they might spend it all and need it later. This is similar to other books I’ve read because James Patterson’s writing style is very descriptive and entertaining. I wonder how different it would be if I was homeschooled on a ship for my whole life. I like the protagonist Bick because he is very optimistic and very smart.

Sincerely,

Devin

One thought on “Reading Letter

1. Hey Devin,
    It would sure be a different kind of education–more of an apprenticeship, I guess, that traditional book education. There’s a place for all kinds.
    MsG