reading letter 2- Fatima Aslam

Fatima Aslam

August 27, 2020

Dear, Mrs.Gibson

Little Women

Louisa May Alcott

page 68 to page 83

Summary: Laurie invites the four sisters to a picnic with his friends. All of the friends went on a little boat ride, and Jo made fantastic coffee. After eating a lot and talking, they played a long game of croquet. Fred who was one of Laurie’s English friends cheated at the game, and Jo was furious. Then all of them played a game called Rig-a-Mole, where someone had to start a story and right at the point of climax you would let the next person continue the story. They all played games and ate food for the next few hours. They all had an amazing time.

Reflection: I loved how I felt their joy from just reading the pages in a book. The author made it very easy to understand how everyone was feeling. When Meg felt that Ms.Kate was trying to degrade her, and then Mr.Brooke was fascinated by her, I felt like I understood her emotions. I liked it when Jo got mad at Frank for cheating in the game, and then they both started insulting each other in every way possible. It was interesting that whatever the author had wrote I pictured all of it in my mind. I love when they played games like Rig-a-Mole and Truth, because it was so compelling. Little Women is an intriguing book; all of the characters have very unique personalities and it is fascinating how it all winds up to become a wonderful story.

Sincerely, Fatima Aslam

One thought on “reading letter 2- Fatima Aslam

1. Hi Fatima,
    I’m glad you like the way the author brings these characters together. It does feel realistic, even though it’s in an older time place.
    MsG